The A/C blower resistor pack, located in a compartment behind the passenger side footrest, is also referred to as the bimetallic switch.
— If the evaporator blower works at the maximum setting, but not in A/C blower switch positions II and III, test resistor pack.
• Detach harness connector at resistor pack.
• With ignition switch on and blower switch in position II, there should be battery voltage at harness connector red/green wire.
• With ignition on and blower switch in position III there should be battery voltage at harness connector red/black wire.
• If voltage is present and blower does not operate In the lower speeds, blower resistor pack is faulty and should be replaced.
• If voltage is not present in either switch setting, check for damaged wires or connectors or a faulty A/C blower switch.
Was this article helpful?
The History of Porsche Cars through its generational changes. A must have ebook for any Porsche fanatic, this ebook is a reference book for Porsche enthusiasts. Discover all there is to know about the greatest Porsches ever made. All models are fully described and illustrated providing a definitive production history plus an accurate guide to original specs and equipment.