^ The air distribution levers control fresh air and heated air to the footwells and the defroster outlets.
The slider controls have no control over air distribution to the center dash vent or the side dash vents. This center vent is used for A/C only. The left and right side vents are for A/C or heated air and are turned on and off by the vertical knurled control knob.
• Top lever(s): Controls fresh air intake from outside the vehicle. When the lever(s) is in the extreme left position, air intake from the outside is closed off. When the lever(s) is in the extreme right position, maximum ventilation of the car interior is obtained.
• Middle lever: Fresh airfootwell/defrost blend door. This lever directs fresh air to the footwells (extreme left position) or the defroster (extreme right position) or a blend of the two.
• Bottom lever: Heated air footwell/defrost blend door. This lever directs heated air to the footwells (extreme left position) or the defroster (extreme right position) or a blend of the two. On cars with automatic heating, heated air temperature is controlled by the temperature control knob between the seats.
• For information on heating and defrosting component replacement, see 801 Heating.
• For information on ventilation system component replacement, see 850 Ventilation.
Was this article helpful?
The History of Porsche Cars through its generational changes. A must have ebook for any Porsche fanatic, this ebook is a reference book for Porsche enthusiasts. Discover all there is to know about the greatest Porsches ever made. All models are fully described and illustrated providing a definitive production history plus an accurate guide to original specs and equipment.