— Check to see if steering rack is in its center position when steering wheel is centered:
• Starting from center position, turn steering wheel in one direction to stop, counting turns.
• Turn to stop in opposite direction while counting turns.
• If necessary, remove and center steering wheel at half the number of turns from stop to stop.
^ Loosen 22 mm inner and outer tie rod locking nuts (arrows).
• Adjust tie rod by turning center tube to change length.
• To keep steering wheel centered, adjust both tie rods equal amounts.
— When final toe adjustments have been made tighten tie rod locking nuts.
Was this article helpful?
The History of Porsche Cars through its generational changes. A must have ebook for any Porsche fanatic, this ebook is a reference book for Porsche enthusiasts. Discover all there is to know about the greatest Porsches ever made. All models are fully described and illustrated providing a definitive production history plus an accurate guide to original specs and equipment.