• Parking brake should be fully released for this procedure.
• Push brake pads away from brake rotor so that rear rotor turns freely.
Working underneath car, check for axial (in and out) play in brake cable at trailing arm.
• There should be slight movement in brake cable.
• Adjust locking nuts (A) as necessary.
— Turn brake rotor until brake shoe adjuster (star wheel) is visible through adjustment/inspection hole.
Use a screwdriver to turn adjuster until brake rotor can no longer be turned by hand.
• Loosen adjuster by 4 clicks and check rotor for free movement.
• Loosen more if necessary.
Was this article helpful?
The History of Porsche Cars through its generational changes. A must have ebook for any Porsche fanatic, this ebook is a reference book for Porsche enthusiasts. Discover all there is to know about the greatest Porsches ever made. All models are fully described and illustrated providing a definitive production history plus an accurate guide to original specs and equipment.