Remove and clean pedal cluster assembly before starting to disassemble.
— Support pedal cluster in soft jawed vise.
Drive out shaft roll pins (arrows). Support shaft to prevent deformation of pedal cluster housing.
Use 4 mm pin punch (Automotion special tool no. TL-4600) to drive out dowel pins.
— Remove clutch pedal and cross-shaft.
^ Remove bearing tube from brake pedal base. Remove brake pedal and brake pedal return spring.
Remove servo spring shaft.
1. Clutch master cylinder
3. Clutch servo spring shaft
4. Clutch servo spring
5. Eccentric cam and nut
6. Servo spring lever
8. Clutch servo spring links
9. Locking clips
10. Locking clip
11. Clutch pedal cross-shaft
12. Clutch cross-shaft inner end
14. Clutch master cylinder bellcrank
15. Dowel pin
16. Brake pedal return spring
19. Brake pedal
21. Brake pedal support tube
23. Dowel pin
24. Clutch pedal
25. Pedal cluster housing
26. Servo spring support pin
27. Pedal cluster side brace
Pedal cluster assembly hydraulic operated 24 clutch (1987-1989)
^ Replace clutch cross-shaft support bushings (arrows).
• Note orientation of bushings in photo.
• Nylon replacement bushings are available from the Porsche dealer parts department. More durable brass bushings may be available from aftermarket sources.
Install servo spring (arrow) with lever to pedal bracket. Tightening Torque
^ Install brake pedal and support tube along with brake pedal spring (arrows) into bracket.
— Reassemble clutch pedal assembly:
• Hold clutch master cylinder bellcrank in installed position and insert clutch pedal and cross-shaft into pedal cluster housing and through bellcrank. Install dowel pin.
• Install cross-shaft inner end and install locking pin.
Take care to install clutch pedal assembly parts in the correct orientation.
^ Attach clutch servo spring links to clutch master cylinder bellcrank with pins and locking clips (arrows).
— Install cluster in car.
• Pedal cluster bracket to body 17 Nm (12 ft-lb)
Was this article helpful?
The History of Porsche Cars through its generational changes. A must have ebook for any Porsche fanatic, this ebook is a reference book for Porsche enthusiasts. Discover all there is to know about the greatest Porsches ever made. All models are fully described and illustrated providing a definitive production history plus an accurate guide to original specs and equipment.