^ Remove left and right side screws securing front cover to center console. Slide cover forward of center console.
Remove three screws holding center console to floor.
• Screw on left shown (A). Right side is similar.
• Pull back rug slightly to reveal screw in middle of rear (B).
• Without disconnecting wiring harnesses, lift center console over shifter and lay to one side.
^'. Detach leather shifter boot from foam rubber cover (arrow).
^ Pull shifter boot up to expose rubber o-ring (arrow) securing boot to shift lever. Slide O-ring down off boot and remove boot.
— Remove inner boot and foam rubber cover from shift assembly.
— Slide driver's seat forward. Pull up center floor carpet from between rear seats.
^ Remove 4 screw (arrows) holding center tunnel access panel in place. Remove panel.
^ Remove two nuts holding shifter rod to coupling. Separate rod from coupling.
— Place shift lever in 4th gear position.
^ Remove front selector rod bolt (A) and 3 bolts securing shifter housing to floor (B).
Mark location of bolts securing shift housing to floor.
— Remove shift lever assembly.
— Installation is reverse of removal.
• Front selector coupling to shift rod 23 Nm (17 ft-lb)
• Shift rod to shift rod coupling 23 Nm (17 ft-lb)
• Shifter housing to center tunnel 23 Nm (17 ft-lb)
Was this article helpful?
The History of Porsche Cars through its generational changes. A must have ebook for any Porsche fanatic, this ebook is a reference book for Porsche enthusiasts. Discover all there is to know about the greatest Porsches ever made. All models are fully described and illustrated providing a definitive production history plus an accurate guide to original specs and equipment.