1. Wipe surface with good quality wax and grease remover.
2. Wet-sand with 400 "wet-or-dry" sandpaper, featheredge scratches or chips. Wipe with TAG rag.
3. Apply two-component primer-surfacer with hardener. (DuPont primer, part 825 S hardener, part ^ 826 S
4. Allow ten minutes flash-off time.
5. Apply heat for 30 minutes at 160° F.
6. Dry sand with & 400 "wet-or-dry" sandpaper and wipe with enamel reducer.
7. Apply two-component color system or alkyd-melamine resin paint.
When working with paints and similar materials, observe local and federal regulations concerning pollutant emissions and flammability classifications.
Printed in Germany -II, 1977
Painting Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic Parts
Was this article helpful?