1. Set cylinder 1 at TDC.
2. Take ignition cables out of holders.
3. Unscrew and remove distributor caps.
4. Unscrew distributor and pull out of engine block.
3. Turn distributor rotor that it points to housing notches after installation.
1. Set cylinder 1 at TDC,
2. Check seal on distributor, replacing if necessary.
A basic ignition timing adjustment is not necessary.
Distributor only has the task of distributing high voltage.
Was this article helpful?
The History of Porsche Cars through its generational changes. A must have ebook for any Porsche fanatic, this ebook is a reference book for Porsche enthusiasts. Discover all there is to know about the greatest Porsches ever made. All models are fully described and illustrated providing a definitive production history plus an accurate guide to original specs and equipment.