1. Discharge air conditioner as described in Group 87 of Repair Manual 928.
Conform with safety precautions for handling refrigerants.
2. Disconnect battery.
5. Remove fuel cooler.
a) First unscrew right refrigerant line coupling completely, while holding on hexagon of line.
b) Unscrew both fuel line connections on fuel cooler, while holding on cooler each time.
c) Unscrew bracket for fuel cooler.
d) Unscrew left refrigerant line coupling, while holding on hexagon of line.
3. Take off upper air cleaner housing and filter element.
Pull off hose on blowoff switching valve and unscrew unlosable hexagon head screws (13 mm wrench size) in lower air cleaner housing.
4. Pull out lower air cleaner housing with air flow sensor and pull off plugs.
Press bar in direction of arrow while pulling off plugs.
1. Install fuel cooler.
a) Check that seals on refrigerant line connections are not damaged, replacing if necessary.
b) First connect left refrigerant line on fuel cooler. Do not tighten coupling fully at this point.
c) Connect and tighten both fuel lines on fuel cooler, while counterholding.
d) Connect right refrigerant line.
e) Tighten both refrigerant line couplings on fuel cooler, holding on hexagon each time and being careful that fuel cooler is not turned.
f) Install and bolt bracket for fuel cooler.
2. Mount air flow sensor together with lower air cleaner housing, connecting wires on air flow sensor and air cleaner.
Tighten lower air cleaner housing mounting screws.
Install filter element and upper air cleaner housing, connecting hose from blowoff switching valve on upper air cleaner housing.
3. Connect battery.
4. Start engine and run approx. 15 seconds while checking fuel line connections on fuel cooler for leaks.
Tighten fuel line connections if necessary.
5. Flush, discharge and charge air conditioner as described in Group 87 of Repair Manual 928.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR TESTING AND ADJUSTING LH-JETRONIC TYPE 928 S 85 MODEL ONWARD (32-VALVE ENGINES) ENGINE TYPE M28. 43/44/45/46
Electric fuel pump delivery rate
min. 1350 cm3/ 30 s
Was this article helpful?