1. Remove circlip by pressing down spring retainer with VW 460/3 and taking circlip out of groove.
2. Remove piston by turning and pulling out.
3. Remove bearing bushing with VW 295 and a standard puller, e.g. Kukko No. 21/6 (37 . . . 46 mm).
A - Standard internal-claw puller e.g. Kukko No. 21/6 (37 - 46 mm)
1. Check the ball valve for leakage (see page 38-29, Item 11).
2. Press in bearing bushing flush at first with VW 3. Adjust axial play of D + R clutch. 433.
Then press in new bushing to correct depth Specification: 2.05 . . . 2.50 mm. (1.7 mm below upper edge) with an old bushing.
A - Old bushing (applied on new bushing)
Only install inner plates, the linings of which are identified as shown in the picture.
Different size circlips are available for adjustment.
Thickness: 1.5 mm, 1.7 mm, 2.0 mm, 2.3 mm and 2.5 mm.
4. Check function of assembled D + R clutch. This is done by placing both clutches (forward and D + R clutches) with thrust washers on an oil pump and applying compressed air in pressure bore (arrow BI. Piston must be heard to compress the prate assembly. Piston should return to its starting position when stopping the supply of compressed air.
Disassembling and Assembling Oil Pump 38 - 33
Was this article helpful?