1. Press off sliding sleeve/synchronizer with third gear.
1. Assemble sliding sleeve and synchronizer for 3rd and 4th gears. It is not necessary to have a pair in a certain position, however, groove in synchronizer or wide collar of hub must face 4th gear.
2. Mount springs with 120°offset. Angled end of spring must engage in hollow lock.
3. Press on sliding sleeve with synchronizer body in correct position, turning synchromesh ring so that grooves are aligned with locks.
Groove in synchronizer body or wide collar of hub faces 4th gear.
4. Measure axial play of synchronizer body with a feeler gauge blade and adjust by selecting a pertinent circlip. It should be between 0 and 0.05 mm, whereby the lower value would be ideal.
Was this article helpful?