Drain the torque converter when ATF has abrasive particles or for a general overhaul.
4. . Release the bottle so that the vacuum effect will draw in the ATF.
1. Place converter at slight angle.
5. Unserew the cap slightly as soon as the ATF runs to avoid pressure in the bottle.
2. Connect a suitable hose (max. outside dia. 8 mm and small as possible inside diameter) on a plastic suction bottle (2 liter /2 US qt capacity).
3. Squeeze plastic bottle slightly and insert free end of hose into converter hub until it touehes bottom.
Cut angle or notch end of hose before inserting, so that ATF can flow into hose.
Was this article helpful?