21. Mount 5th gear with synchronizer and sliding sleeve, needle bearing and selector fork. Lock selector fork on selector rod with a pin, holding with a hammer.
22. Insert circlip for synchronizer.
23. Insert 5th gear synchromesh ring.
24. Heat clutch to about 120 °c (250 °F) and mount, driving it on against stop with a suitable pjece of pipe if necessary.
25. Heat 2nd ball bearing inner race to about 120 °C (250 °F) and install.
26. Install dowel sleeves, position gasket and mount rear cover.
27. Heat 1st ball bearing inner race to about 120 °C
28. Tighten bolt for input shaft to specified torque.
29. Tighten cover/gear carrier bolts to specified torque.
30 Press in new end cover.
Was this article helpful?