A = Universal transmission jack
REMOVING AND INSTALLING TRANSMISSION R e m o v i n g
1. Remove final muffler.
2. Disconnect drive shafts on transmission end and take off of flanges.
Suspend drive shafts from car with pieces of wire in horizontal position to prevent damaging dust covers.
3. Detach support on rear transmission cover.
4. Disconnect selector lever cable and control pressure cable on levers and brackets. Pull cables forward out of suspension console.
Cables are locked in ball sockets to prevent popping out.
5. Open inspection hole in rear bell housing and unscrew mounting bolts for torque converter (hold pulley if necessary).
7. Unscrew transmission suspension/transmission member mounting beats. 10. Unscrew transmission case/transmission bell housing mounting bolts.
12. Lower transmission carefully on universal transmission jack.
C o r r e c t T o r q u e C o n v e r t e r I n s t a l l a t i o n
Converter is inserted against stop. a = approx. 10 mm.
W r o n g T o r q u e C o n v e r t e r I n s t a l l a t i o n
Converter has slipped forward (left arrow) and has pulled pump shaft out of drive dog/pump shaft splines A (right arrow).
Bolting the transmission on the central tube in this position would destroy the drive dog.
Was this article helpful?