Always conform with the following points when installing.
- Electric leads (plugs) connected on the correct sensor (mix-up test)
Testing requires use of a 55-pin ABS 2 - LED adapter lead (see point 1.), multimeter, garage jack and measuring tape. The 55-pin adapter lead, which is required for the ABS test of Carrera 4 models (instead of the 35-pin adapter lead), has 3 outlets which were integrated for testing of axial and lateral acceleration sensors.
Manufacturer of Adapter Lead:
Robert Bosch GmbH Dept.: KH/VKD 3 P. 0. Box 41 09 60 D-7500 Karlsruhe 41 Phone: 0721/4009-1 Telex: 78 26 663
Suppliers of Adapter Lead:
Authorized Dealers Order No. KDAS 0003/7
1. Turn off the ignition, disconnect ABS/PDAS control unit plug on the control unit and connect it with the 55-pin ABS 2 - LED adapter lead.
The following tests are possible with or without a connected ABS 2 - LED tester. The three outlets are marked with symbols.
A = Signal from axial acceleration sensor B = Signal from lateral acceleration sensor C = Ground for both sensors
2. Measure and note the voltage values from the axial acceleration sensor and lateral acceleration sensor with the car in normal position and the ignition turned on. Specification: 2.7 ±0.14 volts. Normal position means that the car is on a level surface. If the car had been lifted previously and if necessary, take stress out of the wheel suspension (move car several meters and bottom the front and rear wheel suspension several times). Continue with the Evaluation Table at the end of this section if the value deviates from specifications.
3. Provide about 150 mm ground clearance on the left front wheel by lifting the car on the left front car jack take-up point. Read and note voltage values of the sensors.
A cover is located on the right-hand side of the center console and must be removed to have access to the sensors.
4. Lower left front side of car again. Lift car at right front afterwards in the same manner and also about 150 mm.
Read and note voltage values of the sensors.
5. Evaluate the values with help of the following table. If applicable, eliminate any faults.
Was this article helpful?