1. Check synchronizing ring, pressing the ring onto the taper of the gearwheel and measuring gap „a" using a feeler gauge.
installation dimension (new) = 0.75...2.3 mm Wear limit = 0.2 mm
2. Fit return gear with synchronizing ring.
- Fit return lever „A" and return gear "B", making sure the deflection lever engages into the driver of the return gear.
- Install synchronizing ring, observing correct position.
Installation position: Chamfer (arrow 1) faces drive shaft.
- Install thrust spring into correct position. Installation position: Hook single-hook end into cutout in the synchronizing ring (arrow 2) and double-hook end into aperture at end shield (arrow 3).
- Push in axle ,,C", ensuring it is seated in correct position.
- Place retainer plate „A" into position. Installation position: The radii of the bores for the lock pins of the synchronizing ring face the end shield.
- Place spring clamp ,,B" into position.
- Always replace screw ,,D" (micro-sealed screw) and tighten to 25 Nm (18 ftlb).
Was this article helpful?
The History of Porsche Cars through its generational changes. A must have ebook for any Porsche fanatic, this ebook is a reference book for Porsche enthusiasts. Discover all there is to know about the greatest Porsches ever made. All models are fully described and illustrated providing a definitive production history plus an accurate guide to original specs and equipment.