Engine at operating temperature.
1. Undo and remove oil filler cap.
2. Remove oil drain plug from oil pan and drain engine oil.
3. Undo oil filter with oil filter wrench (Special Tool 9204). Drain remaining oil into suitable container.
4. Clean drain plug. Always replace seal. Tightening torque: 50 Nm (37 ftlb).
5. Oil seal of oil filter lightly, tighten by hand until seal is seated, tighten by one more turn. Use oil filter wrench to check tight seating of filter afterwards. Guide value for tightening torque: 20 Nm (15 ftlb).
6. Fill in engine oil, warm up engine to operating temperature and check tightness.
7. Check oil level with engine turned off.
Was this article helpful?
The History of Porsche Cars through its generational changes. A must have ebook for any Porsche fanatic, this ebook is a reference book for Porsche enthusiasts. Discover all there is to know about the greatest Porsches ever made. All models are fully described and illustrated providing a definitive production history plus an accurate guide to original specs and equipment.