The alarm control unit is diagnosable. It can be read out only with System Tester 9288.
The menu includes the following functional groups:
- Fault memory
- Drive links
- Input signals
- Country codes
- System check Note
For some of the faults, two types of causes must be distinguished:
- The fault displayed is an actual fault that has to be remedied.
- The fault displayed is a fault condition that has been caused deliberately, e.g. by leaving the open glove compartment open.
Troubleshooting requires that the person performing the tests
- is familiar with the location of components, funclion and technical relationship of the systems being tested
(refer to Model Information)
- is able to read and evaluate Porsche wiring diagrams
- knows the functions of circuits and relays
- is capable of using testers and of evaluating the test results.
Tools required for troubleshooting: Special Tool 9540
The Special Tool is required because connector II is fitted with miniature terminals. To avoid damaging the terminals, always use the Special Tool for the tests. When checking for continuity, attach connector to wiring harness only. When checking signals and voltages, attach connector to wiring harness and control unit.
Was this article helpful?