Do not rotate crankshaft against the sense of rotation.
10. Undo central bolt and auxiliary bolts, making sure the setting of 0.39 ± 0.03 mm on the dial gauge does not change.
11. Continue to rotate the crankshaft slowly until maximum piston stroke on the dial gauge is reached. This crankshaft position corresponds to the cyl. 4 firing TDC setting of the camshafts.
12. Tighten auxiliary bolts and central bolt. Tightening torque of central bolt:
13. To verify the setting, rotate crankshaft by two more turns and check setting.
14. Remove Special Tool and auxiliary bolts and reinstall distributor rotor.
Was this article helpful?
The History of Porsche Cars through its generational changes. A must have ebook for any Porsche fanatic, this ebook is a reference book for Porsche enthusiasts. Discover all there is to know about the greatest Porsches ever made. All models are fully described and illustrated providing a definitive production history plus an accurate guide to original specs and equipment.