Ignition and preparation should only be carried out by property qualified personnel under the supervision of a second, responsible person.
Allow airbag units to cool down after ignition and observe them carefully.
Avoid skin contact with airbag units which have been ignited.
- All other generally applicable accident prevention regulations must be complied with.
- Only ignite airbag units which are in original condition and properly installed.
- Ignite airbag units only in suitable open spaces.
- Use only the ignition equipment specifically intended for the purpose.
- First remove all loose objects from the air-bag expansion area.
- Anyone likely to be affected should be warned about the noise in advance.
- Use the whole length of the ignition device's cable in order to maintain a safe distance from the airbag unit which is to be ignited.
- Do not connect the ignition device to the power source until everything else is ready.
- Position yourself and anyone else involved in front of the vehicle.
- Ignite the airbag unir with the vehicle's doors closed but the tailgate/trunk lid or side windows open.
- If ignition fails to occur, do not approach the vehicle until approx. 3 minutes have elapsed.
Was this article helpful?
The History of Porsche Cars through its generational changes. A must have ebook for any Porsche fanatic, this ebook is a reference book for Porsche enthusiasts. Discover all there is to know about the greatest Porsches ever made. All models are fully described and illustrated providing a definitive production history plus an accurate guide to original specs and equipment.