Detectable faults: Open circuit/short to gound, short to positive
1) Check operation with Tester 9288 (drive link test)
- Acoustical test
Triggering cycle of valves is audible as a clicking noise near the transmission.
2) Pull connector off Tiptronic control unit.
a) Measure resistance between pin 42 and pin 19. Nominal value 34 Ohms, tolerance 10 %
b) Check that pins 42 and 19 are free from shorts to ground.
3) Also pull off connector at transmission.
- Check wiring (Tiptronic control unit connector pin 42 to transmission connector pin L and Tiptronic control unit connector pin 19 to transmission connector pin M).
- Wiring o.k.: Solenoid valve faulty Figs. 1, 8
Test point 17
Solenoid valve 4
Fault code 40
Was this article helpful?
The History of Porsche Cars through its generational changes. A must have ebook for any Porsche fanatic, this ebook is a reference book for Porsche enthusiasts. Discover all there is to know about the greatest Porsches ever made. All models are fully described and illustrated providing a definitive production history plus an accurate guide to original specs and equipment.