1. Move camshafts to basic position. The groove in the camshaft must face outward toward the cylinder-head cover.
2. Turn engine on assembly support until cylinder bank 1 - 3 faces upwards.
3. Unscrew chain tensioner of cylinder bank 1 - 3.
4. Detach and remove oil extraction pump at cylinder head 1-3 — on flywheel side.
5. Unscrew hexagon-head bolts M6 x 20 (2 ea.}. Remove closure cap from tensioning element (VarioCam).
6. Remove cylinder-head cover. Loosen hexagon-head bolts from the outside to the inside.
7. Fasten special tool 9611 (holding-down device for camshafts) with auxiliary screws M6 x 45.
8. Relieve camshaft tensioning element with special tool, tensioning screw 9632.
Was this article helpful?
The History of Porsche Cars through its generational changes. A must have ebook for any Porsche fanatic, this ebook is a reference book for Porsche enthusiasts. Discover all there is to know about the greatest Porsches ever made. All models are fully described and illustrated providing a definitive production history plus an accurate guide to original specs and equipment.