911 Carrera (993)
Fault, fault code Possible causes, elimination, notes
Test point 31 Torque converter clutch always open
Torque converter Fault possibility: mechanical/hydraulic fault in transmission
*au't 1) Check ATF level and correct if necessary (refer to 911
Fault code 70 Carrera (993) Workshop Manual, Page 37 - 101).
2) Erase fault memory and perform a test drive.
The diagnostic test conditions are achieved if:
- the torque converter clutch is electrically closed
3) Read out fault memory again.
The following areas have to be checked if the fault is still
- hydraulic control unit (jammed spool valves)
- transmission (slipping clutches)
Diagnosis/Troubleshooting Tiptronic Printed in Germany - 20, 1997
Was this article helpful?