1. Disconnect battery and uncover terminal or
2. Remove engine guard and rear underside panel. Disconnect hot air pipe to left and
3. Slacken transmission mount bolts only (6 bolts) and lower by approx. 10 mm.
4. Disconnect wire from solenoid terminals 30 and 50. Undo wire clamp of terminal 30 from body and tie-wrap from starter. Undo suction oil pipe from body side member.
5. Using 3/8 inch tools (8 mm INHEX insert), undo hexagon head socket bolts from starter and remove ground strap.
1. Use two tie-wraps to tie wire for alternator terminal 30 to starter housing. Fit protective
Hexagon socket head bolts M 10:
Transmission mount to body
6. Lift starter out of support and rotate starter pinion towards engine oil filter. Rotate starter approx 180 deg. along longitudinal axis (solenoid now faces transmission). Carefully take out starter from
Was this article helpful?
The History of Porsche Cars through its generational changes. A must have ebook for any Porsche fanatic, this ebook is a reference book for Porsche enthusiasts. Discover all there is to know about the greatest Porsches ever made. All models are fully described and illustrated providing a definitive production history plus an accurate guide to original specs and equipment.