1. Pull off plug II on the display and operator control unit.
2. Pull off plug I (18-pole) on the amplifier.
3. Check lead from plug II pin 14 to plug I pin 17 for short to B+.
Fault, fault code Possible causes, elimination, notes
Check lead from plug II pin 14 to plug I pin 17
Test point 5
Speedometer A, navigation unit Open circuit/short to ground/short to B+ Fault code 24
Open circuit/short to ground/short to B+
1. Pull off plug on the navigation unit.
2. Pull off plug I on the instrument cluster.
3. Check lead from navigation unit plug pin 3 to plug I pin 13 for continuity and short to ground or short to B+.
The lead is routed via jumper plug 1 on relay carrier 1
Test point 6
Signal, reverse gear-navigation unit Signal implausible Fault code 25
L Check reversing light switch or, on Tiptronic vehicles, position switch.
2. Check lead from navigation unit plug pin 4 to the reversing light switch or position switch for short circuit to B+.
The lead is routed via plug connection X 2/4 and via the jumper plug
Was this article helpful?